Cheap Window Shutters
We get it, window shutters aren’t always considered the most budget friendly of window coverings. But then, Rolls-Royce isn’t considered the cheapest of cars – you pay for what you get. BUT, there are some cheaper shutter options for you. We’ve already covered pricing a little in one of our other blogs, shutters generally start at around the £270m2 mark, fully fitted. This may get you a wooden shutter or an MDF shutter, PVC shutters will generally expense a little more.
So, what are your more affordable or cheap shutter options? It does somewhat vary on your tastes and style of plantation shutter you’re after. The most affordable shutter we have to date (February 2024) is our Perfect Fit shutter. Affordable, practical, look great and versatile. The perfect fit shutter is not only price conscience but extremely practical.
How much do shutters cost?
Let’s have a little look at the pricing. Our cheapest perfect fit shutter currently retails at under £70. (Yes, just £70!) Granted, that is a small window but let’s take 2 average size panes and a standard-sized window recess and see how they stack up against a normal white shutter blind.
The average new build window is around 1200 x 1200mm and would retail at around £381 per window for a white shutter in hardwood or MDF. This is a basic shutter with no optional extras such as hidden tilt or blackout. The perfect fit shutter, which just attaches to the window itself, would retail at £208. That’s a colossal saving of £173.00 on just one window alone. Multiply that against 4 windows in a home, you’re now saving nearly £700.00. Cheap window shutters never looked so good!
What’s great about the perfect-fit shutter?
- They’re made of strong polyvinyl.
- They are exceptionally light-weight.
- A great shutter for open inward windows.
- They can go in any room of the home (including bathrooms).
- They can easily be removed from the window if needed.
- Lead times are far shorter, they are a UK-manufactured shutter.
- There is no permanent fixing into your window surrounds, brickwork or windowsills.
- Huge 10-year manufacturer guarantee
- They currently only come in 2 shades of white and 1 louvre size.
- Small windows can be a problem due to manufacturing tolerances. Window top fanlights will be troublesome.
- You do need to have PVC windows with a rubber gasket for the bracket to slide behind. Wood windows will not work here.
What other ways can we offer to make shutters more affordable?
Well, did you know we can offer finance up to 10 years? The average price for a front of house in the UK would currently be around £3000 inc. VAT and installation for traditional shutters. That means at current prices, your shutters will cost you less than £40 per month.
Shuttertec currently partner with Ideal4Finance to offer payment plans on window shutters, and there is a wide range of options available from 0% interest over 12 months to spread the cost over multiple years. We do have a few conditions, one being that your order value is more than £1500.00 but otherwise, this option is definitely worth checking out.
Alternatively, we accept credit cards at no additional charge so if you do have a good card with a cheap interest rate, this could also be a great option for you.
To find out more and to obtain more information on the shutters we offer, reach out to our team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 023 5754 and we’ll talk you through it.
So if you’re in the market for a cheap window shutter, these could be for you!