No! Not all interior shutters are waterproof. Traditional shutters are made from real wood, which is durable and beautiful but can be damaged if exposed to water or humidity. However, waterproof shutters are available – and they are just as durable and beautiful as wooden shutters. In fact, they are almost identical to their wooden counterparts.
Traditional plantation shutters are created in a high-quality solid wood and are available in a range of colours. Wooden shutters offer thermal protection and minimise noise pollution. Plus, they look incredibly stylish and complement any style of décor.
Wooden shutters are available as Full Height Shutters, Tier on Tier Shutters, Café Style Shutters, Solid Panel Shutters, Tracked Shutters, Shaped Shutters and Blackout Shutters.
All of which allow you to control the light and privacy levels in your home. Some styles offer more versatility and flexibility than others. There is a guide to the various styles of shutters here.
Waterproof shutters offer all the amazing benefits of wooden shutters, only they are manufactured from a high-grade ABS plastic. They have been designed specifically for rooms where high moisture, condensation, high humidity or splashes of water may be present.
These lightweight yet sturdy waterproof shutters are 100% waterproof – making them perfect for bathrooms, kitchens, wet rooms and swimming pools.
Just like their wooden counterparts, waterproof shutters have been designed to last. They will withstand the wear and tear of a busy home and will look sophisticated in any setting.
Are Waterproof Shutters More Expensive?
Shutters, in general, tend to be more expensive than other window dressings, such as blinds or curtains. But that is because you are paying for quality and longevity. Unlike blinds and curtains, shutters will last for years to come, plus you won’t have to replace them when you re-decorate.
The Benefits Of Waterproof Shutters
If you’re thinking about investing in waterproof shutters for your home, these benefits may help you make your decision.
- Maintain privacy and light levels – Whichever style of waterproof shutters you opt for, they will allow you to seamlessly control the light and privacy levels in your home. With Tier on Tier Waterproof Shutters for example, you can open the top half of the panels and keep the bottom half closed. Or vice versa. Alternatively, you can have all panels closed but have the louvres tilted to let the sunlight in.
- Tailormade for your window – Waterproof shutters are made to measure to perfectly fit your windows. At Shuttertec, our expert team will measure your windows and craft beautiful waterproof shutters before fitting them for you.
- Don’t hold onto odours – Waterproof shutters are perfect for the kitchen as they won’t hold onto cooking smells like blinds do. Plus, food splashes and grease build-up can be wiped off.
- Easy to clean and maintain – Unlike other window dressings, Waterproof Shutters are super easy to maintain. They can be wiped down with a dry cloth to keep them dust-free. And any dirt marks or stains can easily be wiped away with a damp cloth. Plus, you don’t have to worry about mildew or mould build up.
- Incredibly strong – ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic resin is an extremely strong and durable material. Your waterproof shutters will be able to withstand wear and tear without chipping, warping or getting dented.
- No compromise on style – And last but certainly not least, waterproof shutters look stylish! They are almost identical to wooden shutters and look just as sophisticated and chic.
Get In Touch
Waterproof shutters are an excellent choice if you are looking for a durable and stylish window dressing for your kitchen, bathroom or wet room.
If you are in the Essex, London or Kent areas and you looking for waterproof shutters for your home or commercial property, get in touch with Shuttertec. You can contact us on 0800 023 5754 or email email@example.com. We are on the other end of the phone 6 days a week!
Or you can book an appointment here. We can discuss your shutter needs, including if you need waterproof interior shutters, measure your space, show you samples and answer any questions you may have. At Shuttertec, we have more than 20 years with bespoke plantation shutters and blinds.
We would love to hear from you.